Glazy Demo – Adding Recipes and More
Start video at 2:40 to skip all the “getting organized” intro stuff.
Glaze Recipe Sharing
Do you use Glazy.org to store/share your glaze recipes?
If you’re just hearing about Glazy for the first time, you should definitely go check it out. It’s a ceramics recipe website that allows you to store recipes with photos, share them with the community and analyze the chemistry/UMF of your glazes, all in one place.
You can batch out a recipe (convert % to grams), calculate recipe batch costs, track your glaze material inventory, chat with other potters about their recipes, and so much more. It’s truly amazing.
In this video, I had some glaze recipes that I wanted to add to my Glazy account, so I decided to share the process live inside my Facebook group – Understanding Glazes with Sue. This is the recording of that live video.
Follow along as I show you around the platform and how I like to use Glazy to store and organize my glaze recipes. I add a couple recipes and show you the handy import feature you can use to save time when copying recipes from another software.
Join my Facebook group – Understanding Glazes with Sue
In this video:
- Glazy home page – posts feed and community discussions
- The community recipes feed
- Open a free account to add your own recipes
- Private vs published recipes
- The “has photo” button to refine search results
- Sue’s recipes
- How to organize recipes with bookmarks
- How to add recipes
- How to support Glazy and unlock features
- How to add colourants and bentonite as additions on top of 100%
- How to edit Glazy descriptions and metadata
- How to add photos to your recipes or other people’s recipes
- Recipe revisions
- Importing a recipe from Insight live
- Rounding recipe percentages to nearest decimal place
- Searching for glaze recipes
- Searching for clay bodies
- How to share recipes
- How to search based on included materials
- Calculated thermal expansion
- Similar base recipes and similar analyses on Glazy
- How to comment on recipes
- How to review recipes
Glazy was created and is maintained by Derek Au. If you love Glazy like I do, consider supporting Derek so he can keep the site up to date and running smoothly for all of us, not to mention you can unlock some very useful special features.
More Glazy Tutorials
I’m trying to download the free pdf file but it won’t save as a pdf. What am I doing wrong??
Which pdf are you trying to download? For all pdfs on my site, you need to enter your email address and then the pdf will be sent to you.
Wow great I am subscribing to your YouTube channel right now 🙂