This is an all levels class, suitable for anyone who controls the water content of their ceramic glazes. Measuring specific gravity and adjusting flocculation is one of the most useful practices you can adopt to improve your glaze results.
Whether you mix your own glazes or use commercial glazes, by following the simple steps that I’ll demonstrate in class, you’ll gain better control over how your glazes turn out. There is no pre-requisite to take this class, it’s available to everyone.
This is the live version of my online course that I ran in April. If you took the online course, this is an opportunity to see the steps in action and ask your specific questions.
Read the full class description here.
- How glaze thickness affects fired results
- Factors that affect glaze application thickness (bisque temperature, application method etc)
- How certain glaze materials affect the thickness in the bucket
- How much water to add to your glazes (aka specific gravity)
- Tools and equipment for measuring specific gravity
- What is flocculation and deflocculation and why it’s important to understand
- How to repeat desired results
- Live demos of measuring specific gravity, flocculating and deflocculating
Cancellation Policy: 50% refund will be given if cancellation is requested by June 29, 2019. No refunds will be given after this date. If you are unable to attend, you may request to transfer your spot to another person. You will need to take payment from them directly.